Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Google goodies

Hmm ... not so sure about iGoogle. I'm undecided as to whether or not I'd use it regularly. Some of the gadgets available look great - but I already have my favourite things bookmarked. I guess the main plus is that you can access your faves from the one page, and not have to look for them on the bookmark list ... but it doesn't 'grab' me.

As for working at Google ... it almost looks too good to be true. Having all those services available to you in one place tells me they work VERY long hours and, perhaps, need all that 'pampering' and facilities available to them. As much as I am an advocate for workplaces looking after their staff, and that studies have shown when staff are treated well productivity increases, there's something about the Google setup that doesn't feel comfortable to me. It's kind of 'too good to be true'.

No comments: